10 Ways Physical Therapy Can Help You Reach Your 2017 Goals
Posted on January 09 2017
January is a wonderful time to reflect on the past, ponder the present, and consider where the future is leading. As a physical therapist, it’s important to me to provide realistic solutions for patients to improve their quality of life in 2017. For some, that could mean finally being able to bend over to plug in the vacuum or complete household chores. For others, it might mean regaining strength and mobility to safely return to a sport that's been out of reach as a result of injury.
No matter where you are at in the spectrum of physical health and mobility, Fit Physical Therapy is here to support your journey of optimum health. In the New Year, we encourage you to consider many of our tools to help you reach your goals:
- Nutrition – meet with a licensed nutritionist to help you get the most out of every bite.
- Injury Prevention – learn proven ways to minimize your risk of injury during activity.
- Fitness – meet with a physical therapist who can help design a personalized workout plan for your particular body mechanics and goals.
- Post-surgical Rehab – regain your strength, flexibility and mobility during recovery.
- Trigger Point Dry Needling – a proven hands-on technique for the relief of acute and chronic neuro-muscular pain.
- Balance – improve your core strength and balance.
- Warm Water Pool Therapy – fabulous tool to allow for quality exercise for many muscle and joint conditions.
- Posture Assessment – for improved body mechanics.
- Orthotics – customized foot inserts to help with a host of foot, ankle, hip and back issues.
- Manual Physical Therapy - targets specific joints and tissues while utilizing the science of touch in ways that greatly impacts the strength, mobility, and recovery of our patients.
While the above list does not contain all the technologies and treatments that we are able to provide, we hope that it offers helpful insights on how PT can help you reach your health and mobility goals this year.
Cheers to health and happiness in 2017!
Dr. Christian Jones, Littleton Peak Clinic
Physical Therapy for Cancer and Mesothelioma Patients
Post contributed by Virgil Anderson and used with permission. Exercise and Physical Therapy - A Helpful Approach t...
Minimize Pain with Manual Therapy
After coping with pain for an extended period of time, it can almost seem like magic when the pain sensation is allev...
Patient Kudos - PT After Knee Replacement
After undergoing a left knee replacement in March of 2016, I began physical therapy with Dr. Emily Kelly at the Trail...