The Physical Therapist's Guide to Healthy Running
Posted on September 01 2017
There are many reasons why people enjoy running. Whether it's about staying fit, or being part of a running community -- there are many great rewards for runners. No matter what inspires you to lace up your sneakers, it's important to understand the risks, benefits, and strategies for healthy running.
Did you know, according to research:
- most runners live longer than non-runners
- runners are no more likely than their non-running counterparts to develop knee osteoarthritis
- just because you have (or may get) an injury, does NOT mean that your running days are over!
Did you know, your PT can help minimize your risk of injury by:
- evaluating your stride and making recommendations for your unique body type, weight, and running style
- making sure you are educated on the best stretch and movement techniques for runners
- helping you become a stronger, more balanced, and safer athlete
For more information on the benefits and risks of running, AND to gain a better understanding of key strategies for preventing running injuries, please read "The Physical Therapist's Guide to Healthy Running." This short and easy-to-read resource has been made available by the American Physical Therapy Association.
Best Sitting Posture at a Computer
With many people working from home now, we wanted to make sure you are taking care of your body while taking care of ...
FitPT Now Offering TeleRehab
Here at Fit Physical Therapy, we are working hard to ensure that you have access to the care you need during this tim...
Regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Our top priority at Fit Physical Therapy is the health and safety of our patients. As with many others, we are monito...