The Physical Therapist's Guide to Healthy Running
Posted on September 01 2017
There are many reasons why people enjoy running. Whether it's about staying fit, or being part of a running community -- there are many great rewards for runners. No matter what inspires you to lace up your sneakers, it's important to understand the risks, benefits, and strategies for healthy running.
Did you know, according to research:
- most runners live longer than non-runners
- runners are no more likely than their non-running counterparts to develop knee osteoarthritis
- just because you have (or may get) an injury, does NOT mean that your running days are over!
Did you know, your PT can help minimize your risk of injury by:
- evaluating your stride and making recommendations for your unique body type, weight, and running style
- making sure you are educated on the best stretch and movement techniques for runners
- helping you become a stronger, more balanced, and safer athlete
For more information on the benefits and risks of running, AND to gain a better understanding of key strategies for preventing running injuries, please read "The Physical Therapist's Guide to Healthy Running." This short and easy-to-read resource has been made available by the American Physical Therapy Association.
You Don't Need a Referral—Colorado is a Direct Access State
Great news! Colorado is a Direct Access State! Are you health conscious and eager to live the most active life that y...
Fit Physical Therapy Celebrates 15 Amazing Years
Fit Physical Therapy is 15 years old! Christian and I feel extremely fortunate to be living the dream. We work with...
Startling Facts About Youth Sports Injuries
Coaches around Denver are blowing their whistles as they begin fall and winter practice in the Rockies. New leagues h...